Tuesday 29 January 2008

Excessive

Last night I went to see Dream Theater. They've never been to Australia before and thought they'd treat fans to a 3 hour set. There are 3 bands I've experienced consecutively for over 3 hours and one of those I actually played in. The other was the Cure, which was awesome. They concluded with a 40 minute encore of pre 1980 material. You would be hard pressed to think that that would suck. Dream Theater, while accomplished and revered were definitely onstage for longer than I would like. 3 hours, I mean come on!

One benefit of Dream Theater's tour here, other than exciting their rabid fanbase, was that due to numerous changes relating to the Perth show, a truly creative soul made this video. And watch it, it really matters little that it's related to Dream Theater.

No comments: