Saturday 26 January 2008

DEATHROW Riders of Doom















Artist: DEATHROW
Title: Riders of Doom
Year of Release: 1986
Label: Noise
Format: LP

This LP - yes it's a vinyl record was originally released under the title 'Satan's Gift' with an alternate cover and so forth... that or it was a US version, I can't really imagine why the title would be so radical or subversive as to ban it. Either way, I've had this record for years, and rarely listen to it it seems. It's one of those "if you like Destruction, Kreator etc etc" bands, you'll love this. Well, that's not my opinion and to be honest, I can't think of many occasions where selling a lesser band on the strengths of a greater band really provided the results I was looking for.

It has some fine playing, and I do like the raw sound, but Milo's vocals don't do so much for me, and I never much cared for the hand painted cover concept either. I guess I only pulled this out as I could see it there on the shelves and I've noticed a few people talking about them lately. I don't remember what people were saying about this album, and I doubt I'll remember what it sounded like either. I guess in another 5 years or so I'll get curious and have the same experience over again.

Oh, and Gehennah's trip to the car graveyard was so much more Kreative he he.

No comments: